BUSINESS & CORPORATE
The Private Client usually has his or her own business, or his or her assets have risen to a level that the proper maintenance of the assets is a business in and of itself — or it is a combination of the two. We are cognizant of the business base of our clients and provide a full range of business and corporate services.
We serve as outside general counsel to numerous clients in a variety of industries and regularly represent clients in completing a full range of complex transactions.
- Mergers and Acquisitions, including stock and asset acquisitions, sale transactions, recapitalizations, minority investments, joint ventures and equity transfers
- Capital Markets, including private placements and other securities offerings
- Securities Compliance
- Corporate Governance and representation of Boards of Directors on such matters as Board structure and composition; independent director representations; special committee representation in connection with interested party, strategic and change-of-control transactions; and internal investigations
- Employment Matters, representing both companies and executives in employment agreements and compensation matters and as well as drafting and reviewing employee handbooks and policies;
- Banking and Finance Transactions, including the representation of lenders and borrowers in all types of lending and secured transactions, including asset-based lending
- Financial Institution Regulatory Matters
- Technology Contracts, including cloud computing services and technologies (such as SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS); software and application development and licensing; and technology consulting
- Buy-Sell Agreements
- Start-up Representation, including Entity Formation and Choice of Entity Analysis – Corporations (S or C), LLCs, LPs, LLPs, Financing Rounds (including Seed Financing) and Strategic Planning
- Captive Insurance Companies